Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The first successful user of the serum in Crucible Guard.
- "A little dude running around doing lots of drugs" -Will Hungerford.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
- 3 Other
- Hand Cannon - 12" range, POW 12 gun
- Regulus - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Health care - When this model removes Juice tokens while in little Alyce's command range, this model can remove up to two additional juice tokens.
- Warcaster - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Rapid Healing - When a model with Rapid Healing is damaged by an enemy attack, immediately after the attack is resolved remove d3 damage points from it.
- Juicer - At the start of each of your Control Phases, you can place up to three juice tokens on this model. For each juice token placed on this model this turn, this model gains +1 FOCUS for one round. At the end of each of this model's activations, it suffers 1 damage point for each Juice token on it. This model cannot spend focus point to reduce this damage. After suffering this damage, this model can remove d3 juice tokens.
Feat : Overdose
Gain one focus for each juice token currently on Di Morray.
- Burning Ash - Cost 2
- Place a 3" AOE cloud anywhere completely within the caster's control range. While in the AOE, living enemy models who don't have Fire Immunity suffer -2 to their attack rolls.
- Force Hammer - Cost 4, 10" range, POW 12
- Non-incorporeal models are slammed d6" directly away from the spell's point of origin, before making the damage roll. Collateral damage, if any, is POW 12.
- Disintegration - Cost 3, 10" range, POW 13 (Effectively POW 15)
- A model hit suffers -2 ARM for one round. Also, a model boxed by Disintegration is RFP'd.
- Iron Flesh - COST 2, Range 6", Upkeep
- Affected warrior model/unit gains +2 ARM and immunity to blast damage.
- Mirage - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains Apparition. (Apparition - During your Control Phase, place this model anywhere completely within 2" of it's current location.)
Thoughts on Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray in a nutshell
Lukas is a user and abuser. His core concept is based around consuming dangerous chemicals that give him his warcaster abilities. As “Aurum Legate”, Lukas is also the highest-ranking member of the Order of the Golden Crucible active in the Crucible Guard’s fight in Llael.
The ‘Juicer’ mechanic is core to his identity. As you will find many of the warcasters in this faction, Lukas’ spell list is tied very thematically to alchemy. This is represented by things like Burning Ash, Disintegration, and Iron Flesh. Part of the effects of the serum is heightened telekinetic abilities. These are currently represented by Force Hammer and Mirage. He is a formidable warrior and should be threatening in combat. Lukas should not be a super-durable front-line caster but should have an active role on the battlefield. (Please note we have played Lukas with the spell Telekinesis and it is very unlikely that he will be gaining this spell.)
The premier Spell slinger for the faction. Able to dump all focus into spells, feat, and do it all over again at FOCUS 8.
Maximizing his feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
His main method of winning is ...Placeholder.
For example: "using his feat turn to get a melee/ranged/spell assassination" "attrition then win on scenario" "board control then win on scenario" "sending a jack in, to beat the enemy warcaster's face into pulp" "etc"
Things you take in his army to help him with this strategy is Placeholder.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Exothermic reaction - Because the boxed model is removed from play before being destroyed, it does not generate a soul or corpse token.
Disintegration - Because the boxed model is removed from play before being destroyed, it does not generate a soul or corpse token.
Force hammer - Incorporeal models are not slammed. They just suffer a damage roll and are knocked down.
Mirage - Remember, troopers must be placed in formation.
- Originally from the "Aftershock (Acts of War #2)" book. (2017.07)
- Released for the game in 2018.03
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.