Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
The first successful user of the serum in Crucible Guard.
- "A little dude running around doing lots of drugs" -Will Hungerford.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
- 3 Other
- Hand Cannon - 12" range, POW 12 gun
- Regulus - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Lukas starts the game with 3 unmarked "Juice Boxes" on his statbox.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Template:Fixed Control Range
- Rapid Healing - When a model with Rapid Healing is damaged by an enemy attack, immediately after the attack is resolved remove d3 damage points from it.
Feat : Overdose
Unmark all "Juice Boxes" on Lukas's card. The effects of Juicer expire and Lukas gains +3 FOCUS (the stat, not focus points) for one round. Additionally, Lukas immediately suffers any number of damage points and gains 1 focus point for each damage point suffered. He cannot exceed his FOCUS stat as a result of Overdose.
- Burning Ash - Cost 2
- Place a 3" AOE cloud anywhere completely within the caster's control range. While in the AOE, living enemy models who don't have Fire Immunity suffer -2 to their attack rolls.
- Force Hammer - Cost 4, 10" range, POW 12
- Non-incorporeal models are slammed d6" directly away from the spell's point of origin, before making the damage roll. Collateral damage, if any, is POW 12.
- Disintegration - Cost 3, 10" range, POW 13 (Effectively POW 15)
- A model hit suffers -2 ARM for one round. Also, a model boxed by Disintegration is RFP'd.
- Iron Flesh - COST 2, Range 6", Upkeep
- Affected warrior model/unit gains +2 ARM and immunity to blast damage.
- Mirage - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains Apparition. (Apparition - During your Control Phase, place this model anywhere completely within 2" of it's current location.)
Thoughts on Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray in a nutshell
Lukas is a user and abuser. His core concept is based around consuming dangerous chemicals that give him his warcaster abilities. As “Aurum Legate”, Lukas is also the highest-ranking member of the Order of the Golden Crucible active in the Crucible Guard’s fight in Llael.
The ‘Juicer’ mechanic is core to his identity. As you will find many of the warcasters in this faction, Lukas’ spell list is tied very thematically to alchemy. This is represented by things like Burning Ash, Disintegration, and Iron Flesh. Part of the effects of the serum is heightened telekinetic abilities. These are currently represented by Force Hammer and Mirage. He is a formidable warrior and should be threatening in combat. Lukas should not be a super-durable front-line caster but should have an active role on the battlefield. (Please note we have played Lukas with the spell Telekinesis and it is very unlikely that he will be gaining this spell.)
The premier Spell slinger for the faction. Able to dump all focus into spells, feat, and do it all over again at FOCUS 8.
Maximizing his feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
His main method of winning is ...Placeholder.
For example: "using his feat turn to get a melee/ranged/spell assassination" "attrition then win on scenario" "board control then win on scenario" "sending a jack in, to beat the enemy warcaster's face into pulp" "etc"
Things you take in his army to help him with this strategy is Placeholder.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Originally from the "Aftershock (Acts of War #2)" book. (2017.07)
- Released for the game in 2018.03
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.