Aurum Adeptus Syvestro
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Aurum Adeptus Syvestro
- 3 Other
- Purified blade - 0.5", P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Fulmination grenade - 6" range, AOE 3, POW 13.
This weapon gains an additional die on damage rolls against construct and undead models.
- Warcaster - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity:Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Alchemical Mask - This model ignores gas effects entirely, and clouds for the purposes of LOS and attacks.
- Template:Field alchemy - This model can use of the following special rules at any time during each of its activations.
- Template:Ephemereal Vitae - This model can cast one spell this activation without spending focus points.
- Template:Impenetrable Haze - Centre à 4" AOE cloud effect on this model. This AOE remains in play for one round. While this model is completely in the AOE, ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5" away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining LOS from a model more than 5" away.
- Template:Super fuel - Friendly Faction construct currently within 5" of this model gain +2 SPD this turn.
- Transmutation - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep, can be friendly or offensive
- When targeting an enemy model, this is an offensive spell and requires a magic attack roll. Friendly model/unit gains +2 STR, DEF and pathfinder. Enemy model/unit suffers -2 STR, DEF and lose pathfinder.
- Admonition - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target a model in the caster's battlegroup. If an enemy model advances & ends its movement within 6" of that model, it can immediately advance up to 3" ignoring free strikes, but then Admonition expires.
- Purification - Cost 4
- All upkeep spells, animi and continuous effects in the caster’s control range immediately expire.
- Revive - Cost 3
- Return to Play one friendly Faction Grunt model anywhere in the caster's CTRL range, in formation, and completely within 3" of another model in its unit. The Grunt returns with 1 hitpoint and must forfeit its Combat Action this turn.
- Explosivo - Cost 1, 6" range, Upkeep
- Friendly Faction model's ranged weapons gain Magical Damage. If the affected model boxes an enemy model, center a 3" AOE on that enemy and RFP it. Models in the AOE suffer a POW 8 magical blast damage roll.
- Stygian Abyss - Cost 3, 10" range, POW 12
- On a critical hit, the target suffers Blind for one round. (Blind - A model suffering Blind cannot make ranged or magic attacks, suffers -4 MAT and DEF, and cannot run, charge, or make slam or trample power attacks. It must forfeit either its Normal Movement or Combat Action during its next activation. Blind can be shaken.)
Feat : Meta Principle
While in his control range friendly Crucible Guard models gain an additional die on attack and damage rolls. Discard one die of your choice. Additionally, when an enemy model is destroyed while in Syvestro's control range, a friendly Crucible Guard model in Syvestro's control range may remove d3 damage points. Meta principle last for one turn.
Thoughts on Aurum Adeptus Syvestro
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Aurum Adeptus Syvestro in a nutshell
Syvestro is an ingenious alchemist and a high-ranking member of the Order of the Golden Crucible, the powerful alchemists’ guild that supports and funds the Crucible Guard. He is the only warcaster actively doing alchemy on the battlefield. His core concept is that of alchemical transformation. This manifests as spells like Revive (Returning life), Purification (removing impurities), Transmutation (Increased/decreased abilities), Explosivo (Increased weapon efficiency through science!) etc. He is not a fighter himself. He should not have impressive offensive or defensive stats, he uses science and magic.
Maximising her feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main method of winning is ...Placeholder.
For example: "using her feat turn to get a melee/ranged/spell assassination" "attrition then win on scenario" "board control then win on scenario" "sending a jack in, to beat the enemy warcaster's face into pulp" "etc"
Things you take in her army to help her with this strategy is Placeholder.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- None yet
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.