A marvel of Iosan force mastery, the Aspis is an unmistakable sight on the battlefield. The myrmidon is equipped to manipulate its own protective field dynamically and can catch bullets with it before they strike. A stalwart guardian of its controlling warcaster, the Aspis can smash even the largest enemies backward with blows of its force-enhanced fists to keep its master safe from harm.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Repulsor (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapons.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Beat Back, Phoenix Field, and Shield Guard
- Phoenix Field - Remove d6 damage points from this model's force field after resolving continuous effects during your Maintenance Phase.
- Shield Guard - When a friendly model within 3" is hit by a non-spray ranged attack, this model can be hit instead.
Thoughts on Aspis
Aspis in a nutshell
The Aspis is an inexpensive shield guard designed to stay near models that you don't want to get hit with ranged attacks. It's Phoenix Field helps it to take that one attack per turn with little lasting damage. It can also contribute it's melee attacks to re-position enemy models or take out light-moderate armor infantry models.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- The Mk2 Aspis had the most hitboxes of any light warjack or warbeast in the game.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|