A marvel of Iosan force mastery, the Aspis is an unmistakable sight on the battlefield. The myrmidon is equipped to manipulate its own protective field dynamically and can catch bullets with it before they strike. A stalwart guardian of its controlling warcaster, the Aspis can smash even the largest enemies backward with blows of its force-enhanced fists to keep its master safe from harm.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Repulsor (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapons.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Beat Back, Phoenix Field, and Shield Guard
- Phoenix Field - Remove d6 damage points from this model's force field after resolving continuous effects during your Maintenance Phase.
- Shield Guard - Once per round, when a friendly model is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack during your opponent's turn while within 3" of this model, you can choose to have this model directly hit instead. This model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects. This model cannot use Shield Guard while it is incorporeal, knocked down, or stationary.
Thoughts on Aspis
Aspis in a nutshell
The Aspis is shield guard jack with a rock-bottom price tag. There are few lights in its point category, apart of Cryx bonejacks, and a few mercenary pieces. This one is designed to stay near models that you don't want to get hit with ranged attacks. It's Phoenix Field helps it to take that one attack per turn with little lasting damage. Once it gets into melee, it can occasionally push heavier targets out of position via beat-back or take out light-moderate armor infantry models. Don't get carried away though; this jack is as brittle as it seems. 8 points of targeted damage can shut down all of its special rules, but even so, that 8 points were likely been redirected from your more valuable pieces.
Combos & Synergies
- They can be great (marshaled) escorts for combat-oriented Artificers. The Aspis keeps them safe from heavier firepower, while the Artificer's drive will heal its shields.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Any drawback would probably be worth listing here will be covered by its 6 pts price tag.
Tricks & Tips
- Look for targets, who just barely chip the edge of the zones - one (or two) Beat Back hit will likely push them out of position.
- The Mk2 Aspis had the most hitboxes of any light warjack or warbeast in the game.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|