Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Finch
Sebastian Nemo's myriad innovations from the storm chamber to the modern colossal have given Cygnar a crucial technological edge over its enemies. Promoted to the rank of Artificer General, Nemo now holds authority over all Cygnar's military industry, and he wields his nation's most advanced weaponry. Nemo's assistant, Storm Chaser Adept Caitlin Finch, takes to the battlefield at his side, utilizing precisely tuned mechanical apparatus to augment Nemo's command over warjacks to unparalleled mastery.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Nemo3
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons & Attacks
- Lightning Strike - A POW 12 gun with a range equal to his current control range.
- Tempest Accumulator - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon. If you're using this it means you're in trouble.
- Warcaster Unit - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome. Furthermore, this warcaster comes with some troopers that can be ordered around.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Chain Lightning - Average range, low POW spell that deals Electrical Damage. On a hit you get d3 electrical arcs, each hitting the nearest model within a short range that hasn't already been hit.
- Electrify - Upkeep spell that grants an ARM buff and Repulsor Field to a model/unit. (Repulsor Field - Models that hit this model with melee attacks are pushed away. )
- Force Hammer - Cost 4, 10" range, POW 12
- Non-incorporeal models are slammed d6" directly away from the spell's point of origin, before making the damage roll. Collateral damage, if any, is POW 12.
- Lightning Shroud - Target battlegroup warjack gains a STR buff, Immunity: Electricity, and Electro Leap on its melee weapons.(Electro Leap - When this weapon hits, the nearest model within 4" suffers a low POW electrical damage roll.)
- Magnetic Field - Upkeep spell which stops battlegroup models from being knocked down, placed, pushed, or moved by a slammed.
Feat : Eye of the Storm
While in Nemo's control range, friendly Faction models gain an addiitonal die on electrical damage rolls. Eye of the Storm lasts for one turn.
Nemo3's unit comes with Finch. She is not a Grunt, she is a character trooper.
Weapons & Attacks
- Electrical Bolt - 1-" range, POW 10 gun.
- Tuning Fork - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon. Again, it's not a good thing if you're using it.
- Disruption - A warjack hit will lose all focus points. It also can't gain focus or channel spells for one round.
- Fine Tuning - While this model is in formation, Nemo can upkeep a spell for free.
- Power Booster - When Nemo allocates focus to a warjack in this model's CMD range, that warjack is allocated an extra focus point.
Thoughts on Nemo3
Nemo3 in a Nutshell
Nemo's feat and spell list largely dictates what you're doing - you're bringing lightning and you're bringing all of it. Given the nature of most lightning-focused jacks and units, it means you'll probably end up with a combined arms force with Storm Knight infantry and cavalry or Storm Striders that all have effective ranged and melee attacks. The amount of damage on his feat turn can be truly back breaking for your opponent as even heavily armoured models are under threat from Electro Leaps.
He is one of five Cygnaran battlegroup warcasters:
- Captain Allison Jakes - speed and fast melee hit and run
- Captain E. Dominic Darius - brawl and win the attrition game
- Captain Kara Sloan - shoot the enemy to pieces
- Captain Jeremiah Kraye - Run and Gun shooter
- Artificer General Nemo & Storm Chaser Finch - fully loading an electrical battle group
Typical Army & Strategy
Nemo3's normal win condition is attrition - to electrocute all the enemy until they stop moving, then claim the scenario.
Working out what to take in Nemo3's army is almost too easy - look at the model's card, if it has an electrical attack, Lightning Generator or Electro Leap it should be up for consideration.
- That being said, Nemo doesn't mind an Arc Node for Chain Lightning, so Thorn or a Lancer are worth considering. Lightning Shroud makes them more effective and protects them from all the electricity bouncing around, too. Of course Nemo's favourite arc node if you have the points is the Hurricane with its two giant lightning guns.
- Thorn is also a potentially amusing target for Electrify. If the enemy hit him in melee, they get pushed back. If they miss him, he can dodge away. This means Warjacks can have a hard time taking him out on their own.
- Dynamo. His bond with Nemo makes him a much safer bet and Eye of the Storm makes his already impressive damage output insane. Throw in a Firefly to take heavy beasts and jacks off the table with ease.
- The Firefly buffs lightning damage.
- The Stormclad and the Reliant both do electrical damage.
- If you already think Storm Lances are awesome, just see what happens under his feat when every single damage roll they make (bar the mount) uses 3 dice when they charge.
- The Journeyman Warcaster can control a firefly for you as a fire and forget way to apply Ionization to enemy models. It also means you have two ARM buffs between Arcane Shield and Electrify.
- Captain Arlan Strangewayes can dish out a further focus to any heavies you don't want to allocate to, such as a Stormclad who can get a further focus through Accumulator. He also has a spray attack with electrical damage if you're feeling brave with him.
- Stormsmith Stormtower - zaps get bigger on feat turn,
- Stormsmith Stormcaller - more lightning.
- Stormblade Infantry their assault lightning gets a whole lot nastier.
- Silver Line Stormguard bring an electrical damage buff with them.
Drawbacks, Downsides, & Bad Match-Ups
- His armies tend to end up with ranged weapons that predominantly have electrical damage. This can mean his army has a hard time dealing with models with Electricity Immunity outside of melee.
- Remember that the warjack has to be in Finch's command range to gain the free focus.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember that shooting your own electricity immune troops can be a good way to clear enemy models. This is even threatening to Warcasters and Warlocks on Nemo's feat turn, especially those that rely on high DEF to keep them alive.
- All of the warcaster attachments are useful in some way:
- Reinholt allows for another shot out of the sweet gun, and can remove stealth on key models to allow for electro-leaps to go further.
- The Squire increases the range of his gun, although he usually has an abundance of focus thanks to finch.
- Sylys allows him to upkeep two spells for free
- Madelyn can help keep squishy Nemo safe from warrior models.
- Finch's melee weapon does have Disruption. If you're desperate, you can use her to delay any warjack that breaks through your line to get at Nemo.
- A big one to remember about his feat is that it is your model that has to be in Nemo's control range to benefit, not your opponent's - This means that Nemo can be far away from the front line if you need him to be (or your other models pressing deep into enemy lines).
- Nemo's feat does affect electro-leaps, so long as your model that caused it was in his control range. You can get tons of electro-leaps with 3D6 damage into the backfield on feat turn, which can be murderous to support models and soft casters.
- Consider a Hunter for Lightning Shroud. Extended Control Range and a Control Range Electro Leaping weapon can make for some entertaining tactics.
Comparison to Mk2
The main difference here is that Nemo 3 and Finch are now a warcaster unit instead of a warcaster and an attached solo. This allows some versatility by allowing Nemo 3 to take other attachments like the Squire or Sylys. Further, Nemo 3 lost Fail Safe, but gained Magnetic Field, and with how Electrify works now, he has a moderate ARM buff for a whole unit. He also lost Supercharge, so no more changing his control area, and now that all models with Electricity Immunity can no longer be arced to, he also lost his Lightning Field ability.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Colossals expansion (2012)
Cygnar generic themes (Edit)
Other faction models
Rules Clarification : Lightning Strike (Nemo3's gun, not the animus)
Rules Clarification : Warcaster Unit or Warlock Unit (Edit)
Note to Editors