Arcantrik Force Generator
The arcantrik force generator is a massive engine of war that houses one of the most devastating and complex weapons in the arsenal of the Retribution of Scyrah. Its teleforce cannon, which fires concentrated bursts of kinetic energy, represents the very pinnacle of Iosan arcane science. Blasts from the force generator shatter anything they touch, reduce the ground to craters and rubble, and fling enemies aside like broken dolls.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Arcantrik Force Generator
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Retribution models
- 5 Rules Clarifications
|Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Relative HP||Above Average|
Weapons and Attacks
- Teleforce Cannon - Ranged weapon, Above average range, Above average POW
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Dual Shot - This model can make an additional ranged attack if it aims.
- Polarity Field - This model cannot be charged or slammed from its front arc.
- Range Booster - Nearby friendly models gain additional RNG on ranged attacks. If this model aims it also gains additional RNG.
Thoughts on Arcantrik Force Generator
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
- Gained Hitboxes
- Gained Dual Shot
- Lost ROF d3+1 shot type
- Range Booster no longer requires B2B
- Slightly less expensive compared to Mk2 version
Arcantrik Force Generator in a nutshell
A ranged gun platform, the Arcantrik Force Generator is a utility model that utilizes its gun to affect the battlefield. With a wide variety of shots it's only limitation is having no way to boost attack and damage rolls, though its high base stats make up for it. The Arcantrik Force Generator can lay down rough terrain, make high POW shots or knockdown enemy models.
Combos & Synergies
-Anything with a hefty gun will appreciate the range booster capability. Hydras are the most obvious choice, but banshees and others (houseguard riflemen, anyone?) can benefit as well.
-The House Shyeel Magister's Whip Snap is commonly used to synergize with the AFG to let it aim and still move up, but it is situational as the Magister needs an enemy model to hit.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Dual shot requires you to aim, so this will greatly limit any maneuverability that your army will have especially if you're using the AFG as a center piece to your army.
Tricks & Tips
Dual Shot plus Blasted Earth equals a very powerful control game even if you're not in range of anything shoot anyway, only Circle and Legion will easily be able to get around it.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Retribution models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|