Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
Disdaining weapons and wearing little armour, these expert pugilists effortlessly evade rifle fire, deflect enemy blades, and counterattack with a series of rapid kicks and punches. By the time a monk reaches the vaunted rank of allegiant, he has fused his faith with unwavering discipline and absolute self-control to become one of the most dangerous weapons in the Protectorate arsenal.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
- 3 Other
|Allegiant of the Order of the Fist|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Punching Gauntlet (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee wepaons.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Shifting Sands Stance - The Allegiant can forfeit either its Normal Movement or Combat Action to gain +4 DEF. Also, if an enemy misses it, the Allegiant can make a full advance.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
Thoughts on Allegiant of the Order of the Fist
Allegiant of the Order of the Fist in a nutshell
A cheap combat solo that moves fast and hits hard. Warjacks may not tremble at the monk's approach, but nearly everything else will. It is fast, and under its stance (which it is likely always using on the approach) very difficult to remove, without expending more resources than his point cost may seem to warrant. This usually means unboosted shots will rarely target the monk as they are most likely going to miss him, under his stance, and allow him to move up a lot closer to their front lines.
He is excellent at mopping up infantry, fearlessly heading deep into enemy territory, and also great at contesting or holding scenario objectives. He is also good at hunting enemy solos. The Allegiant has a wide utility in almost any Protectorate list, and for his very economical price he is worth taking whenever you can. In fact take two!
Combos & Synergies
- Slow moving models - the Allegiant is a jammer who wants the enemy to come to you.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- At MAT 7 and effective POW 12 the Allegiant is not terribly destructive.
- Any anti-infantry tech that doesn't have to roll to hit (e.g. Electro-Leaps or blast damage) are likely to kill the Allegiant.
- The Allegiant is surprisingly slow as if he runs or charges he can't use his stance
- Out of stance he's a walking casualty (but this can be worth it to kill a less cheap solo)
Tricks & Tips
- The Allegiant normally doesn't get to attack if in stance, and if not in stance is basically a casualty. So draw the enemy onto you.
- Walk into the way of enemy jacks/beasts; the allegiant is really annoying to remove.
- Try and engage enemies with your stance move if you get it - that gives you the flexibility to either stance/attack/sidestep or move/stance next turn.
- He works better when alone - your opponent's best move is often to ignore the Allegiant, and if that flank can just kill everything else you don't get work out of your stance. You want to force your enemy to take attacks against him.
Comparison to Mk2
What a difference a few tweaks make, from an interesting niche model in Mk2 rarely taken, to a solid cheap solo in Mk3 thats always worth considering. Let's see what changed:
- CMD reduced by 1/3. Well, does CMD matter on a solo?
- Lost a point of DEF - Not a good start, but wait it gets all better from here.
- Gained Advance Deployment - The monk due to his stance is rarely likely to be running, this gets him further up the field from the get go. You hear that, Paladins?
- Gained Parry - Vital for a fast moving model with in-built movement shenanigans. Already this increases his utility over his Mk2 version.
- Shifting Sands Stance changed doubling the DEF bonus it grants. This means in Mk3 under stance the Allegiant has a higher DEF than in Mk2 even with the drop in his base stat.
- Perfect Balance and Groundwork changed to become Steady. Really, it's a good thing. The Allegiant had two complex rules about how he was able survive while being knocked down, and this simple rule of not being knocked down is just better. And with the way that Tough works in Mk3, it just all works together.
- Gained Side Step - additional gravy, kill more!
- Effectively cheaper - With the points scale roughly doubling in Mk3, the Allegiant only went up by 50%. Now you can always find space to slip one of these fellows into your list!
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- None yet
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
Rules Clarification : Weapon Master - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Parry - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)