Rules Clarification : Admonition (Edit)
- You don't have to trigger Admonition the first time an enemy moves nearby - you can save it until it best suits you.
- Admonition won't trigger from "Place" abilities (such as Teleport).
- If your opponent doesn't move or change the facing of their model, but just goes straight into their combat action, then they haven't advanced so won't trigger Admonition. (Infernal Ruling)
- Countercharge vs. Admonition (etc) ( Edit )
- You can trigger Countercharge during your own activation - if a model with Admonition (or similar) uses it to (try to) move away.
- You move, they trigger admonition and move, you trigger countercharge off their admonition-move.
- In this scenario you may boost Countercharge attacks and trigger only-during-activation effects (such as Critical Shred & Sustained Attack) exactly as if you were in your activation (because you are).
- Also, you can potentially get two charge attacks (one for your normal charge, one for the counter charge).
- Countercharge plus Admonition
- If a model has both CC and Admonition, it can trigger both at the same time. A model moves nearby, it admonitions away, then countercharges back in.