Rules Clarification : Admonition (Edit)
- Admonition triggers off any advance, not just in-activation stuff. You could even trigger your Admonition off an enemy's Admonition!
- If a model stands still but changes its facing, that is an advance, so it will yrigger Admonition.
- You don't have to trigger Admonition the first time an enemy moves nearby - you can save it until it best suits you.
- Admonition won't trigger from "Place" abilities (such as Teleport) or involuntary movements (such as Pushes).
- If your opponent doesn't move or change the facing of their model or declare they're forfeiting their Normal Movement, but just goes straight into their Combat Action, then they are considered to have not advanced so won't trigger Admonition. (Infernal Ruling)
- Countercharge vs. Admonition (etc) ( Edit )
- You can trigger Countercharge during your own activation - if a model with Admonition (or similar) uses it to (try to) move away.
- You move, they trigger admonition and move, you trigger countercharge off their admonition-move.
- In this scenario you may boost Countercharge attacks and trigger only-during-activation effects (such as Critical Shred & Sustained Attack) exactly as if you were in your activation (because you are).
- Also, you can potentially get two charge attacks (one for your normal charge, one for the counter charge).
- Countercharge plus Admonition
- If a model has both CC and Admonition, it can trigger both at the same time. A model moves nearby, it admonitions away, then countercharges back in.
- Battlegroup members (Edit)
- Spells that target/affect "models in the battlegroup" can also target/will also affect the caster, the caster's unit (if they have one), and the caster's Companion (if they have one).
- It won't target/affect models which are Attached, though.