Among the most powerful arcanists born in a generation, Adeptis Rahn Shyeel is a master of force manipulation and arcane science. His movements send ripples through the air, and with but a thought he can generate storms of kinetic force capable of rending metal and bursting flesh. With a wave of his hand men and machines alike are swatted aside as easily as gnats, and it is just as effortlessly that he brushes away entire volleys of incoming fire.
Weapons & Attacks
- Balance - Melee Attack, Long Range, Average Damage
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Force Mastery - Protects from blast damage, collateral damage, and knockdown. Can redirect enemy AOE ranged attacks that deviated from a point in this models control range.
- Chain Blast - High Cost, Average Range, Average Damage, AOE magic attack that generates a second AOE for low blast damage
- Force Blast - Pushes all enemy models close to target battlegroup model directly away from it.
- Force Hammer - Expensive spell that slams the target away. The POW of the slam and collateral damage is average.
- Polarity Shield - Upkeep that grants a model/unit Polarity Field. (Polarity Field - This model cannot be charged or slammed from its front arc.)
- Telekinesis - Can place target model a short distance from its current location.
- Arcane Alignment - Friendly faction models in his control range gain additional range on non-channeled spells and boosted magic attack & damage rolls.
Analysis of Adeptis Rahn
Adeptis Rahn in a nutshell
Common army selection
Even early in the MK3 phase it is clear that Adeptis Rahn will shine with most models that have magic attacks as they will get the most out of his feat. Otherwise he can provide lots of moving the enemy around that can create clear shots and charge lanes for the rest of the Retribution's arsenal.
- House Shyeel Battle Mages - The Battle Mages provide the toolbox for Rahn. Their signature spell Force Bolt gets a good kick on Rahn's feat turn and other wise provides more pushing around of the enemy.
- House Shyeel Artificer - A good 'Jack Marshal that can keep their jacks shields topped off and can provide defense buffs to nearby models, he also has a solid magic attack to benefit from Rahn's feat. In addition, because Rahn has his own unique version of the House Shyeel Force Barrier ability, the Artificer's Force Wall buffs Rahn's defense to new heights against shooting.
- House Shyeel Magister - The Magister is basically a grown up battle mage, but with a few extra tricks. If you are building a Rahn list with intent to assassinate, the slams and 2" Whip Snaps these solos can provide are worth consideration.
- Discordia - He gets a good Bond benefit from Rahn and also offers assistance against enemy spell casters with his spray attack. His bladed fists are pretty good for punching and throwing things.
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr - One of Retributions favorite partisan's, he's good for everything you would normally want him for. Free upkeep, boost to a magic attack & damage roll, bonus magic range. He fits nicely in any Rahn list
- Lanyssa Ryssyl - While she wont benefit from Rahn's feat she is a good toolbox solo to toss in, especially if you plan to square off against Everblight.
- Sphinx - This model is a good beater in most lists, but Rahn, and his Battle Mage buddies, are often grateful for the range buff his gun gives to their spells.
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tactics
Changes from Mk II
- Increase to STR
- Increase to DEF
- Lost Critical Smite - On a critical hit the target may be slammed. POW is included in slam damage, but not collateral damage. on melee weapon
- Lost Force Barrier - This model gains bonus DEF vs ranged attacks and is immune to blast damage.
- Gained Force Mastery - Protects from blast damage, collateral damage, and knockdown. Can redirect enemy AOE ranged attacks that deviated from a point in this models control range.
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|